September 11 changed many aspects of American life, even though your generation was born afterward. Think about a major event that has happened during your own lifetime, such as the COVID-19 pandemic or another event that affected your community or the country. How do you think your experience with that event helps you understand what it might have been like for Americans to experience the uncertainty and change following 9/11? Explain the connection.

Prompt Response: I believe Covid 19 affected the country similarly to 9/11. I believe this because both events caused nationwide shock and fear. They both affected people regardless of age or gender. They both came from foreign countries. I think it helps me understand what people felt like when 9/11 happened because they were both very similar in terms of affect on the nation. I can understand the heartbreak of loss from both and the panic, fear, and shock it caused because Covid caused it too.

Summary: I believe Covid 19 affected the country similarly to 9/11. I believe this because both events caused nationwide shock and fear. They both affected people regardless of age or gender. They both came from foreign countries.

Reflection: The test today was pretty easy aside from a few questions. I sort of struggled with the questions about types of conflict because we didn't really go over it while reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in American Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

In “A Worn Path,” Phoenix has a memorable encounter and conversation with the hunter during her journey. Think about a conversation you have had that had a lasting impact on you. What was the conversation about, and how did it change your thinking, perspective, or actions?

3 goals I want to achieve this year