In “The Rockpile,” the children know that the rockpile is dangerous and that they are supposed to stay away from it, but curiosity still draws them toward it. Think about a time when curiosity or temptation caused you to ignore a warning or rule. What happened, and what did you learn from the experience?

Prompt Response: A time I was tempted to ignore a rule was when I went behind the fence of my old house. I was curious as to what was back there but was told not to because it may be dangerous due to poison ivy, holes, or coyotes. But I was curious so I went back there but there  wasn't any immediate danger, just some thorns and fallen trees. I learned that seeing things for yourself and making your own judgement if often important.

Summary: A time I was tempted to ignore a rule was when I went behind the fence of my old house. I was curious as to what was back there but was told not to because it may be dangerous due to poison ivy, holes, or coyotes.

Reflection: I didn't like the father or any of the adult characters in "The Rockpile"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in American Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

In “A Worn Path,” Phoenix has a memorable encounter and conversation with the hunter during her journey. Think about a conversation you have had that had a lasting impact on you. What was the conversation about, and how did it change your thinking, perspective, or actions?

3 goals I want to achieve this year