How did creating my own origin myth help me better understand why cultures use stories to explain the origins of people, places, traditions, or natural events?

Prompt Response: It helped me untderstand nothing, I had fun writing my story but I still don't understand why they would create their own and follow it religiously. The only reason I would understand they would make stories would be to explain the unknown or for fun. While developing my story, I made the lesson that greed will hurt you and/or others around you. In my story humans paid the price of ultimate greed and they went extinxt.

Summary: greed will hurt you and/or others around you. 

Reflection: I didn't really learn anything today, I had alot of fun writing a story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

With 4.5-week grades posting on September 2, reflect on your experience in American Literature so far. What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

In “A Worn Path,” Phoenix has a memorable encounter and conversation with the hunter during her journey. Think about a conversation you have had that had a lasting impact on you. What was the conversation about, and how did it change your thinking, perspective, or actions?

3 goals I want to achieve this year